Question:
I have a car that I can't pay for anymore, and my credit score is 398. If I hide the car, what will happen?
thomaszx2
2006-03-16 16:16:21 UTC
how long before the repo man stops looking for the car?
Twelve answers:
2006-03-16 16:21:03 UTC
The repo man will not EVER stop looking for the car you are currently driving. I didn't call it your car because it isn't your car, you haven't paid for it yet. The repo man is very smart and cunning, he delt with some one just like you before. . .he found them and he'll find you.

Try talking to the bank and/or car dealership to see if you can't work out a deal. Maybe there is a way you can make your payments, have you looked at everything carefully?

By the way, don't listen to "mattgross77" you can't legally sell a car without the pink slip, if you try to pull something like that off, you'll find out about REAL trouble.
GRUMPY
2006-03-16 19:54:18 UTC
He won't stop looking and it'll only be a matter of time before he does find the car and takes it. Mind you, he can take it from you in any public place. Stop and Shop parking lot, Wal-Mart where ever he finds the car. He can even take it from you at work. You could find yourself in an embarrassing situation here. You might want to just turn it over to them. And by the way just for your info, the repo man is not just a tow truck driver. He will investigate where you live, work, play, hang out, shop, eat. EVERYTHING. He knows more than what you think. GOOD LUCK
caffeyw
2006-03-20 23:56:24 UTC
He'll find it. They're better then the government in finding things out about you and then using that info to find the car. Also your already low credit score will be going down the tubes for a long time. Also in some states if you stop paying they can report the car as stolen since they hold the title until it's paid for.
?
2016-05-20 03:39:33 UTC
Credit card accounts are different than installment loans. Paying off credit card balances of more than 30% of the limit, will help your score. But installment loans are a different category and count in your score diferently. Car installment loans won't help your score unless they are at least 12 months. If you really want to build your score. Make the monthly payments for the 12 months. However, paying it off now would save you interest.
anonymous
2006-03-16 16:47:41 UTC
Any hiding place good enough will result in the car eventually

rusting or being stolen. Or damaged by cows. I'd bet on the cows.
Trump 2020
2006-03-16 17:37:46 UTC
You cannot hide the car forever, and what good is it if you can't drive it? as soon as you start driving it again, it will disappear, so nothing will be accomplished. SELL IT !

YOU CANNOT GET A CAR FOR FREE
2006-03-16 16:21:23 UTC
THEY WILL SLOW THE SEARCH PROCESS BUT THEY WILL CATCH YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT. JUST WHEN YOU THINK THEY'VE STOPPED LOOKING, THATS WHEN THEY WILL REPO IT. HIDING YOUR CAR WILL BE VERY STRESSFUL!!! BUT YOUR CREDIT IS ALREADY JACKED UP SO GO FOR IT!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
?
2006-03-16 16:24:02 UTC
well the repo man will be looking, try and get someone to take over payment or you can try to refinance
....FED UP............
2006-03-16 16:54:26 UTC
maybe you should have asked this question: i need a job so i can pay for my car payments,can anyone give me a job?
R1volta
2006-03-16 16:17:20 UTC
They never stop. They will find it and take it.
impossible
2006-03-16 17:19:07 UTC
They will find it. Why don't you make it easy on everyone and just turn it in?
Tahavath
2006-03-16 18:21:39 UTC
never